Tuesday, January 25, 2011

PNH Blogging #8 - What is your horsenality, what is your partners horsenality and how do you make them work together

My "horsenality" is innately Right Brain Introvert. I tend to clam up in big social situations and really need my "me" time. I can be very high energy, but can be easily exhausted by social interaction. Some types more than others. Parties are the bane of my existence, but I like talking to fellow horse people, especially PNHers.

Royal started out as a Right Brain Extrovert and has become a mix of RBE and Left Brain Extrovert. Or, as I like to say, he's either being a punk or thinks ninjas are on the lawn. But the good side of both of those means he has lots of energy and can be a tremendous learner.

It was hard for me to match Royal's energy in the beginning without emotion. It used to be the only time I got high energy was when I got emotional, so a large part of my journey has been separating energy from emotion. I'm better at it now, but I'm not perfect. And Royal has learned how to tone it down, so we're sort of meeting in the middle.

No comments:

Post a Comment