Saturday, March 19, 2011

A Hyper Horse and a Sick Cat

Well, Spring Break hasn't turned out like I wanted, but what else is new.

The high temperatures have turned the area into a wet, muddy, wet, goopy, wet, slimy, mess. Oh, and did I mention it's wet? There's no good place to play outside and the indoor at the farm is flooding. When I was up there on Thursday, it was almost half flooded. Which just sucks, since that's the only refuge. Once all the snow cover is gone, it'll dry up, but that could take a while. And what Royal and I need are some consistent sessions. Royal tends to lose emotional as well as physical fitness in the winter and that has to be built up too. Right now I've become very focused on relaxation under saddle, but it gets hard when I can only ride twice a month. So, not lots of progress right now.

And Todd, one of my cats, is sick. He suddenly lost weight and didn't want to hang with us. Usually he's very cuddly and affectionate, but he's been very stand-offish the last three days. I took him to the vet this morning, as it's extremely likely his kidneys are failing. The prognosis is guarded and it's possible he may return to normal. Right now, we're just trying to keep him quiet and comfortable. It's touch and go.

No comments:

Post a Comment