Saturday, March 12, 2011

Horse Blogging #5- Your first fall

What a lovely subject. It was within the first six months I seriously started riding. I had been taking lessons at a saddleseat facility and was riding a new lesson horse. The horse was an excitable Morgan wearing a German martingale and a twisted snaffle. We'd been wrestling all lesson and when a horse kicked its stall wall, he freaked and bolted. Somehow during the course of my lesson, the girth had gotten loose, and the saddle slipped. I fell towards the rail and landed on my head just in time to see his hind hooves flying in front of my face. It was really scary and I will never forget it.

The instructor caught the horse, I brushed myself off, and got back on. I rode that horse again many times and was never scared of him. And I got a lesson in the emergency stop. Which has come in handy more that once.

```````

Back to the present, it's Spring Break! And the weather is halfway decent so hopefully I'll have lots of playtime with the Fuzz.

No comments:

Post a Comment