Thursday, December 23, 2010

And another thing...

I got a delicious bit of schadenfreude yesterday before my lesson. One of the other boarders at the barn is an obnoxious jerk who seems to always find a way to ruin my plans. When she walks in, THE WORLD STOPS, for she has arrived. She always insists on playing her music on her special radio, even if you've already got the arena radio tuned to the exact same station. She always makes comments about Royal and how he's barely trained or I'm a bad rider. I will point out that only one of us can 1. ride bareback, 2. jump, 3. canter, 4. go on a trail ride that does not give the other riders heart attacks, and 5. steer without ripping the horse's face off. It is not her.

So yesterday, I'd just finished saddling Royal when she bursts into the arena, throws open her locker, and puts out her radio. "Oh, I'm sorry," I said while barely hiding a smile, "but I have a lesson in here an a half an hour." "Oh, okay. Well, I wasn't planning to ride anyway. I'll just hang out with [horse] in here." And she did. She still made some snotty comments about me ("We don't want you to fall off or anything"), but for once, I ruined HER plans. Revenge is sweet.

Yes, I know, I'm a totally bitch. But it felt so nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment