Thursday, September 1, 2011

Preperations

Steepleview is this weekend! I'm a mixture of excitement and nervousness.

Currently, I have just finished packing my show clothes and cleaning all my tack so I can put them in the trailer tomorrow. That way they're all ready to go Saturday and all I have to do is get me and Royal there. Luckily, my ride times are late so I don't have to get up early. Dressage is at 12:57 and cross-country is 2:54. So, I should be there by 11:00 and I have plenty of time to go to the farm and get Royal all braided up before heading out.

The last couple of weeks, we've been training like there's no tomorrow and Royal is doing great. All our jumping sessions have been fantastic and he's getting the whole dressage thing down. Still wants to go above the bit if he gets tense, but is get a lot better at relaxing. And I'm more proactive about not letting him get too tense. I can always give a tiny Suspension Rein or Partial Disengagement and he starts to relax. Hopefully we won't have a repeat of North Run. He even did well with a Soft Feel when the fallen trees were being cut up with chainsaws. Less commotion than that used to make him melt down, so he's made great progress.


I've got all my clothes ready to go. Already had my boots, vest, polo shirt, breeches, helmet, gloves, and socks. I got my jacket and shirt/tie from St. Croix Saddlery, who have really expanded their inventory and I am SO happy about that. Not only was the jacket very nice fitting (which is hard to find. I am apparently indescribably tiny as far as clothes manufacturers are concerned), but I didn't have to buy a shirt and tie. They had this bib/tie combo that you can wear over a t-shirt and stay cool. I love it and it helped me save $30, which is awesome. I look fantastic in it and my stock pin with the royal blue jewel gives it a nice bit of color.

Tomorrow I'll get the trailer all ready and walk my cross-country course in the evening. The facility is hosting a "champagne course walk" and, while I have no idea what that is, I'll be very interested to find out.

This is going to be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment