Friday, February 18, 2011

PNH Blogging #28 - Love, Language, Leadership: what is the easiest for you and what is the most challenging

Easiest: Love! I am always ready to love on my Big Fuzz, cuz he's so cute and handsome and athletic and wonderful, and just the bestest horse EVER. The sheer amount of just hang out and cuddle time I have spent over the years will attest to that.

Most challenging: leadership. I am not a "born leader" and it's hard for me to assert myself without become overly emotional. It's also hard for me to have a plan and easy to get sidetracked. Or I become aware of that tendency and get so focused on What I Want To Accomplish Today that I forget to listen to Royal and his needs. Royal is usually very forthcoming with how he feels about this treatment. I'm always trying find the middle.

But! Light appears to be forming at the end of the tunnel. Hopefully I'll be able to get some riding in over the next couple of weekends, so we'll see how Royal is after not being played with for over a month. Will we see Energetic and Playful Royal? I think we will. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment