But first we had to find the jumps. The field where I had them has become very overgrown, so last Wednesday, my sister and I had to mount a rescue mission in order to find them. It took a little bit of time, but eventually we found everything and brought them all back. We took the stuff I wanted to use and put it in one of the pastures so I could set them up later. The horses were all very interested in these new things.
We've also been doing more braiding, and doubling up on the wires really helped with the stability of a lot of the braids
He looks much more ewe-necked there than he is. But I think the buttons will look good.
Our main dressage goal has been transitions, and he keeps getting better and better. He still has a tendency to shut down when he get confused, but as long as I stay soft, he usually comes out of it well. I figures the key to trot-canter transitions is to really rev up myself and let him figure out the rest. He still gets nervous, but at least he knows the game.
Jumping has also gone well. He still bops over everything, although he can get a but looky. On Wednesday, a big puddle had formed in the field, so we used that as practice for a water obstacle. He alternated between trotting though it and jumping into it, so it was good practice for me. He strolled over everything and we were even able to string a mini-course together. He's on top form and seems really ready for the weekend ahead.
And now it's time for me to keep preparing. I have to polish my boots, get my stock-tie ready, but his bridle back together, pack all my clothes, and so on. Tomorrow I work, then go and walk my x-c course, and then on Saturday, it'll be STEEPLEVIEW TIME! I can hardly wait!