Wednesday, October 30, 2013

The Sunshine Award

Not much to report on with Royal lately. It's been cloudy and gloomy and raining for a while now, and I haven't had much motivation to do a lot with the Fuzz. We keep working at the Basic Alignment Exercise, which I've ramped up by asking him for after a canter-trot transition. He tends to get very frazzled after downward transitions, so I'm trying to help him keep calm. But, since we have no shows or anything to go to for a few months, I'm happy to let him get fat and fuzzy and let his mane grow like a bunch of weeds.

He's still adorable, though.






So, in lieu of any excitement, I've been nominated for the Sunshine Award by reading The Reeling, so let's try that.
  1. Mares or Geldings? Either. Both can have their strengths and weaknesses, so whichever is the right horse at the right time.
  2. English or Western? English. I don't mind hopping of western and messing around, but you will pry my tall boots and breeches from my cold dead hands.
  3. Do you prefer “younger” or “older” horses? Younger, I guess. I like horses with lots of life left in them, and the ability to train them how I want. Royal was fairly young when I got him (6 turning 7), and that has allowed us to have many adventures together.
  4. Have you trained a horse from ground zero? Yep, actually in Royal's case, I would say I started in the negatives. I think I'd much prefer ground zero next time.
  5. Do you prefer riding or groundwork? Both. Both is good.
  6. Do you board your horse or keep it at home? Board. 
  7. Do you do all natural things or just commercial stuff?(in sense of products) Both, I guess. All of my grooming lotions and potions are all natural, but that's about it. I like science, and will always try to use the best stuff I can get.
  8. All tacked up or bareback? Both! I haven't really ridden bareback in a while, but it is so fun.
  9. Equestrian role model?  The Parellis, Karen Rohlf, Walter Zettl, Uta Graf, anyone who puts the horse first.
  10. What’s your one, main goal, while being in the horses world? To have fun and learn as much as I can and be the best horse woman I can be.
So, now I tag anyone reading this. Yes, you! Write your own if you want, I'd love to read it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment